We are so happy to have you with us this session. Here you will find resources to support your practice, and when available we will provide links for the resources we share during class…
Tools for Building a Regular Daily Mindfulness Practice
- Find a space in your room or home and designate this area as your “peaceful place.”
- Fill your peaceful place with items, books and images that bring you joy and make you feel good.
- Figure out the best time of day for you to practice (first thing in the morning, at the end of the day, etc.)
- Start with a small and reasonable goal. This can mean starting with a goal of 3 minutes three times per week, or 5 or 10 minutes three times per week…whatever feels manageable to you. You want to set yourself up for success.
- STICK WITH IT! Even on a day when you don’t feel like doing it, or don’t feel like you have time, just do it anyway! That resistance is a very natural part of the way our minds work.
- Find a group and practice regularly with them
- Download one of the wonderful apps that are now available; here are just a few:
- Stop. Breathe. Think. http://stopbreathethink.org/
- Insight Timer – Meditation Timer offers guided mindfulness practices of varying lengths, a timer with various chimes and settings and helps you track your progress and see when others around the planet are meditating! https://insighttimer.com/
- Take a Chill (for teens) http://www.stressedteens.com/take-a-chill/
- Headspace (on–the-go) https://www.headspace.com/